You may ask: so Anna, did you finally get over your reading slump? Did you finally had a good reading month? Do you even know how to read anymore?
My answer to all of those questions would lowkey be NO. I mean, yes, I had a better reading month than that of April but uhh…. Does that mean it was good? I wish!
Basically, I read nine (9) books this month. 30% of that was poetry – it could be more, but I did pretty well in this department. On the other hand only 2 of my May books were actual novels… On the plus side, though, 60% of what I read was LGBT literature!! 💫
- Tonight No Poetry Will Serve by Adrienne Rich | 3/5 🍑 (mini-review)
- 💫 A Light Amongst Shadows (Dark is the Night #1) by Kelley York & Rowan Altwood | 3.5/5 🍑 (review)
- 💫 Arch-Nemesis by Gabriela Martins | 4/5 🍑 (mini-review)
- 💫 Taste of Marrow by Sarah Gailey | 4/5 🍑
- Life on Mars by Tracy K. Smith | 3/5 🍑
- soft magic. by Upile Chisala | 2/5 🍑 (mini-review)
- 💫 Summit, vol. 1 by Amy Chu | 3/5 🍑 (review)
- 💫 Armistice (The Amberlough Dossier #2) by Lara Elena Donnelly | 3/5 🍑 (review)
- 💫 Into the Mystic, vol. 3 (anthology) | 2.5/5 🍑 (review)
I mentioned how many books feature some kind of LGBT themes, so I figured it would be good to also specify which books are they! And what better way than with a cute emoji, right?
This is really all that I read this month… I know, I know, you don’t have to say it! In my defence we have a pretty stressful time at work nowadays, so when I come back home, I dream of nothing but napping. Reading is kind of low on the list of priorities. It’s like 1) nap, 2) eat, 3) nap, 4) nap, … x) read. But The Most Stressful event of the year is in two weeks, so hopefully after that I’ll get to finally relax! And read more!!!
Please keep your fingers crossed for me. :<<<
Have you read any good books this month that you think I would also enjoy?
Please share with me, rec me stuff!