Like I said before, this month I’m only talking about LGBT books!! So of course it’s natural I put together a reading list of some kind, specifically for the occasion. I have no doubt in my mind that I won’t read all those books this month. I’ll be lucky if I read like half! But it’s important to set goals for yourself, right? And anyway, the idea is that in June I will read books only from this list! We’ll see how that goes…
There’s also a little bit of everything on here, to keep things interesting. We have poetry, we have nonfiction, we have young adult contemporaries, fantasy, science-fiction, we have adult fiction… I tried to put some diversity here as well, so it’s not all just books by white American authors about m/m ships.
Some other points about the list before we actually start it:
- all the books listed here have lgbt leads
- all the books are written by lgbt authors
- (though they’re not always ownvoices for the specific rep)
- I haven’t read any of those books myself yet
- the books are in no particular order
Okay, I think we can do this now.
- Leche by R. Zamora Linmark
- Sister Outsider: Essays and Speeches by Audre Lorde
- Carry Me Like Water by Benjamin Alire Sáenz
- Boy Robot by Simon Curtis
- Into the Blue by Pene Henson
- The Seafarer’s Kiss (The Seafarer’s Kiss #1) by Julia Ember
- Peter Darling by Austin Chant
- Bramy Raju by Jerzy Andrzejewski (Polish)
- The Lamb Will Slaughter the Lion (Danielle Cain #1) by Margaret Killjoy
- Hallowed Murder (Jane Lawless #1) by Ellen Hart
- Chelate by Jay Besemer
- Little & Lion by Brandy Colbert
- Girl Made of Stars by Ashley Herring Blake
- Notes of a Crocodile by Qiu Miaojin
- Almost Like Being in Love by Steve Kluger
- The Salt Roads by Nalo Hopkinson
- The World Unseen by Shamim Sarif
- Pantomime (Micah Grey #1) by Laura Lam
- She of the Mountains by Vivek Shraya
- On the Edge of Gone by Corinne Duyvis
Twenty books! A very ambitious list, but like I said, I don’t plan on reading everything myself either. I hope I won’t disappoint myself, though to be honest The Stressful Event at work I probably mentioned a few times, is on the 15th & right now all I wanna do is nap. So. Fingers crossed for my reading abilities!
I hope you will find something of interest here! Happy Pride & happy reading!!