Between that Stressful Event at work I kept talking about & then me getting sick right after it, I didn’t have that much time or energy to read in June. Still, I managed 11 books, so I’d say it’s not so bad. What do you think?
I failed my initial plan of only reading lgbt books in June… But that only happened because a few of the poetry books I’ve ordered from other libraries finally came and I only had a few days to read them before my local library had to send them back.
(And let’s…. let’s not talk about how many books from my Pride reading list I’ve read…)
With how much I like stats and shit, I can’t believe I’m still not putting any on those posts…… So let’s finally remedy that, at least a little bit.
Total read count: 11
Short stories: 1
💫 LGBT rep: 7
- 💫 Long Macchiatos and Monsters by Alison Evans | 3/5 🍑 (mini-review)
- 💫 Peter Darling by Austin Chant | BD link | 5/5 🍑 (mini-review)
- 💫 Leo Loves Aries (Signs of Love #1) by Anyta Sunday | BD link | 3/5 🍑 (mini-review)
- 💫 Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz | BD link | 5/5 🍑 (reread; mini-review)
- 💫 Autoboyography by Christina Lauren | BD link | 4/5 🍑 (reread; mini-review)
- 💫At the Edge of the Universe by Shaun David Hutchinson | BD link | 4/5 🍑 (mini-review)
- Incarnate by Amrita Chakraborty | 4/5 🍑 (reread)
- 💫 Starting from Here by Lisa Jenn Bigelow | BD link | 3.5/5 🍑 (mini-review)
- Short Talks by Anne Carson | BD link | 3/5 🍑
- The Beauty of the Husband: A Fictional Essay in 29 Tangos by Anne Carson | BD link | 4/5 🍑 (mini-review)
- Selected Poems by Gwendolyn Brooks | BD link | 2.5/5 🍑 (mini-review)
I wanted to give some exciting life updates, but honestly, I work full time & I’m gonna have two weeks of holidays, and like… The most interesting thing about my life right now is that the renovation of my new flat is still ongoing and we’re almost at the “choosing the floors” part, so I guess that’s good.
Tell me what’s up with you, though!!! And happy July! :>>>