I haven’t done a book tag in so long, oh my god! Well, it’s my fault, because as I took a break from blogging, I kind of ignored some games I was tagged in… But shh! Let’s not talk about that!
Anyway!! This time I was tagged by Jamieson! Thank you, sunshine! This was so much fun!
1. Received an ARC and not reviewed it: YES
I actually I have more than ARCs like that… There are even two or three I haven’t read, let alone review…
2. Have less than 60% feedback rating on Netgalley: NO
I’m at a glorious 88% right now! And I’m trying not to request stuff before I get it higher tbh. I honestly only have one pending request at the moment?
3. Rated a book on Goodreads and promised a full review was to come on your blog (and never did): YES
I mean it’s just what we all do, right? No one is actually expecting those reviews when we say RTC, right? Right???
4. Folded down the page of a book: NO
Well, I don’t remember doing that, at least… Possibly when I was a kid, but I don’t think that counts??
5. Accidentally spilled something on a book: YES
Not so much “spilled”, but I was watering a plant and overdid it and the water got all over a book. The book was shitty, though, so I’m not even upset about that.
6. DNF a book this year: YES
Well, god, apparently that happened with five books for me this year… I even have some so-called-reviews for them, because of course I have a shelf for dropped books lmao. So it was Space Mac by Emma Jane, The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton, The Right Thing to Do at the Time by Dov Zeller, Coins in the Coffee Cup by Ambriehl Khalil & Noah Can’t Even by Simon James Green.
7. Bought a book purely because it was pretty with no intention of reading it: NO
I have bills to pay, a flat to furnish, and a neverending list of books I’m desperate to read – I don’t have money to throw on books I don’t want to read.
8. Read whilst you were meant to be doing something else (like homework): YES
How is that even a question, come on!
9. Skim read a book: YES
Yeah, I do that a lot when I don’t like the style, but want to know how the story ends. Or am reading an ARC…
10. Completely missed your Goodreads goal: YES
I think like, in 2015? I wasn’t doing it before that.
11. Borrowed a book and not returned it: NO
Took ages to give it back to a library, sure. But I can’t think of a single instance of just keeping a book for myself.
12. Broke a book buying ban: NO
I don’t believe in bans, I just try really hard to talk myself out of buying too many books.
13. Started a review, left it for ages then forgot what the book was about: YES
It’s even worse than just saying RTC, because you actually started? You had something to say? And then you just…. never did….
14. Wrote in a book you were reading: YES
I used to be really against that, but I’m learning that those are my books and I can show my love however I want. So now I often do that, especially with poetry books.
15. Finished a book and not added it to your Goodreads: NO
We have reading challenges to win here!!
16. Borrowed a book and not returned it to a friend: NO
I’m not a monster.
17. Dodged someone asking if they can borrow a book: NO
I don’t think so? But then people don’t often ask me that to be honest.
18. Broke the spine of someone else’s book: NO
Again! I’m not a monster!
19. Took the jacket off a book to protect it and ended up making it more damaged: NO
I always keep an eye on the jacket while reading hardcovers, so thankfully haven’t fucked up like that. Yet.
20. Sat on a book accidentally: YES
I mean, I can’t remember that, but I’m sure it happened, probably more than once.
Okay, I counted, I got 9 YES out of 20, so I guess I’m a very nice person. :>>>
I’m really bad at choosing people to tag, so in the spirit of the holidays: if you’re reading this and it seems like fun, consider yourself tagged!