Like I said before, this month I’m only talking about LGBT books!! So of course it’s natural I put together a reading list of some kind, specifically for the occasion. I have no doubt in my mind that I won’t read all those books this month. I’ll be lucky if I read like half! But it’s important to set goals for yourself, right? And anyway, the idea is that in June I will read books only from this list! We’ll see how that goes…
There’s also a little bit of everything on here, to keep things interesting. We have poetry, we have nonfiction, we have young adult contemporaries, fantasy, science-fiction, we have adult fiction… I tried to put some diversity here as well, so it’s not all just books by white American authors about m/m ships.
Some other points about the list before we actually start it:
- all the books listed here have lgbt leads
- all the books are written by lgbt authors
- (though they’re not always ownvoices for the specific rep)
- I haven’t read any of those books myself yet
- the books are in no particular order
Okay, I think we can do this now.